I "invented" this salad as I went along...it's a combination of various pasta salad recipes I'd seen. It can be served as a side dish, of course. In summer, however, my husband doesn't care for hot meals, so I make it as a main dish. We're recent city transplants with two young children, ages 6 and 3.
- 1 package (7 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss macaroni with ham, green pepper, tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Parmesan cheese, milk and salt. Pour over pasta mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Pasta Salad in Country Woman March/April 1994, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review