Ham Onion Tart Recipe
- 3 large onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cut one slice off one onion; set aside for topping. Chop remaining onions. On a large skillet, melt butter. Saute ham and chopped onions until onions are tender. Add mushrooms; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper. Stir into ham mixture. Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cheese. Separate reserved onion slice into rings; place in center of tart. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until top begins to brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 327 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.