Ham Omelet Brunch Roll Recipe
For over 30 years we have hosted a New Years Breakfast for family and friends. The main attraction for years was Belgium waffles...until I came up with this omelet that is baked in the oven and then rolled up sliced and served. —Sharon Ballou, Randall, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 18 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat milk and cream cheese until smooth; add to egg mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle omelet with cheese, ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Place on a serving platter. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece equals 244 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 412 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC