- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add horseradish and mustard; mix well. Stir in noodles, ham and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham-Noodle Bake
Sort By :
"I added broccoli and instead of making the cheese sauce, I cheated and used a combination of a can of cheddar cheese soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup and we liked it."
"my whole family loved this! it tasted just yummy down home was just delicious!!!"
"WAY too much sodium!! Leave out the salt, use no salt butter if you must use butter and low fat low sodium cheese. One serving of this recipe is half of a day's allowance of sodium."