Ham N Cheese Tortillas
My family eats these tasty tortillas as fast as I can make them. Good thing they can be made in a hurry! They're a new and flavorful way to serve traditional ham and cheese.Jamie Whitaker, Aurora, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- Oil for frying
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), quartered
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) thinly sliced deli ham (24 slices)
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- Garlic salt
- Sour cream and minced chives, optional
- In a electric skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry tortillas
- wedges, a few at a time, until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on
- paper towels.
- Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Top each with a
- folded ham slice, 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 teaspoons picante
- sauce. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm. If desired, top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle
- with chives. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.