- Oil for frying
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), quartered
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) thinly sliced deli ham (24 slices)
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- Garlic salt
- Sour cream and minced chives, optional
- In a electric skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry tortillas wedges, a few at a time, until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Top each with a folded ham slice, 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 teaspoons picante sauce. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Ham N Cheese Tortillas in Country Woman March/April 2000, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Tortillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >