Ham N Cheese Muffins
One of my family's favorite dishes are these muffins. They measure the ingredients and grease the muffin tins, The muffins not only round out most meals, but they also make great grab-and-go snacks on busy mornings.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cheese and biscuit mix. Stir in milk and egg just
- until moistened. Fold in ham and onion mixture.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill
- three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin equals 146 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.