One of my family's favorite dishes are these muffins. They measure the ingredients and grease the muffin tins, The muffins not only round out most meals, but they also make great grab-and-go snacks on busy mornings.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, combine cheese and biscuit mix. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Fold in ham and onion mixture.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ham N Cheese Muffins in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p11
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review