Ham N Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, combine cheese and biscuit mix. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Fold in ham and onion mixture.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Muffins
Sort By :
"These aren't bad. I used dried chives instead of dirtying up a skillet to saut? onions. Omitted butter. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a mini muffin tin to serve as party appetizers."
"Great way to use leftover ham. I thought the dough was a bit dry but the final product turned out great."
"The onions were a bit strong in this for me. Next time will try cutting them back a bit. Otherwise they were quite good."
"These muffins are so tasty and easy to make. They only take a couple minutes to whip up."
"I love this recipe, and so did my friends!! The second trime I tried it, I tried leaving out the butter/onion...a definate mistake.These are great for breakfast or at lunch with soup! A+"