- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, combine cheese and biscuit mix. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Fold in ham and onion mixture.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Muffins
"These aren't bad. I used dried chives instead of dirtying up a skillet to saut? onions. Omitted butter. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a mini muffin tin to serve as party appetizers."
"Great way to use leftover ham. I thought the dough was a bit dry but the final product turned out great."
"The onions were a bit strong in this for me. Next time will try cutting them back a bit. Otherwise they were quite good."
"These muffins are so tasty and easy to make. They only take a couple minutes to whip up."
"i didnt have cheddar on hand only swiss cheese so i made using swiss and its really tasty.....and i shredded my ham using a grater and used a little more, very, very good love these muffins"
"Very good muffins and so easy to make! The only thing I would have done differently is saute the onions with unsalted butter. My muffins tasted a little too salty but other than that they are great!"
"I've been making these for awhile now, husband loves them. We have tried similar recipes, but the onion sauteed with the butter makes these. I double the recipe and freeze them, they make a good quick supper, too!"
"I just made this muffins and they are the best. My kids each had one for breakfast this morning. They are easy and moist. I am going to try and freeze them to see how they turn out."