Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups
These light refreshers from field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin go together in a jiffy, so they're perfect when unexpected guests drop by.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of ham. Just before serving,
- combine sauce ingredients. Serve with roll-ups. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.