These light refreshers from field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin go together in a jiffy, so they're perfect when unexpected guests drop by.
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
- 16 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of ham. Just before serving, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with roll-ups. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p61
Reviews for Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2013
"this is great if you add a thin stick of Havarti cheese in with the asparagus"