These light refreshers from field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin go together in a jiffy, so they're perfect when unexpected guests drop by.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of ham. Just before serving, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with roll-ups. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p61
Reviews for Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2013
"this is great if you add a thin stick of Havarti cheese in with the asparagus"