Ham Mushroom Pie
"This brunch recipe was given to me by my grandmother, who loved making fast and delicious meals," says Howie Wiener of Spring Hill, Florida. "Even the most finicky eaters enjoy it." At 92¢a serving, this quick-to-fix favorite is as inexpensive as it is well received.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 boneless ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Dash pepper
- Cut ham to fit the bottom of pastry shell; place in shell. In a large
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ham. Cover edges
- loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,338 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer