- 1 boneless ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Dash pepper
- Cut ham to fit the bottom of pastry shell; place in shell. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ham. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Mushroom Pie
"I love this. I use thinly sliced (almost shaved) Black Forest ham because that is what I have on hand most of the time. Golden Mushroom soup is great for this. I add a small can of mushrooms. If you don't like mushrooms just add cream of celery, or asparagus, or cream of chicken. They are all good and I usually have all of those on hand."
"jantom, see condensed cream of mushroom soup :) my husband hates mushrooms. if that's in it, there are mushrooms in the dish!"
"Why is this recipe called Ham Mushroom when there are no mushrooms?"
"This would be a great way to use up leftover ham."