"This brunch recipe was given to me by my grandmother, who loved making fast and delicious meals," says Howie Wiener of Spring Hill, Florida. "Even the most finicky eaters enjoy it." At 92¢a serving, this quick-to-fix favorite is as inexpensive as it is well received.
- 1 boneless ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Dash pepper
- Cut ham to fit the bottom of pastry shell; place in shell. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ham. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Mushroom Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p47
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham Mushroom Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review