Ham Mushroom Fettuccine Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Cook 2 minutes longer. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add ham; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 334 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Ham Mushroom Fettuccine
"Nice blend of flavors and a good way to use up leftover ham."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.