- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Cook 2 minutes longer. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add ham; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Mushroom Fettuccine in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham Mushroom Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Nice blend of flavors and a good way to use up leftover ham."