Ham Mushroom Fettuccine Recipe
I like the fact that I can make this creamy pasta toss in about half an hour, yet it tastes like I spent hours in the kitchen. It's also a great way to use up leftover ham. Michelle Armistead of Keyport, New Jersey
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Cook 2 minutes longer. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add ham; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Mushroom Fettuccine in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham Mushroom Fettuccine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
Nice blend of flavors and a good way to use up leftover ham.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >