Ham Muffinwiches Recipe
"I concocted this fun recipe when looking for something to pack for lunch," notes Jenny Wiebe, "I had leftover ham but no bread, so I go creative with corn bread mix." The Villa Hills, Kentucky reader says the tender muffins freeze well and are handy for an on-the-go breakfast or lunch.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, mustard, milk, oil and egg just until blended. Stir in the ham and onions.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC