Ham Muffinwiches Recipe
"I concocted this fun recipe when looking for something to pack for lunch," notes Jenny Wiebe, "I had leftover ham but no bread, so I go creative with corn bread mix." The Villa Hills, Kentucky reader says the tender muffins freeze well and are handy for an on-the-go breakfast or lunch.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together first four ingredients. Add muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fold in ham and green onions.
- 2. Fill eight greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings
2 muffins: 186 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Ham Muffinwiches
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC