"I concocted this fun recipe when looking for something to pack for lunch," notes Jenny Wiebe, "I had leftover ham but no bread, so I go creative with corn bread mix." The Villa Hills, Kentucky reader says the tender muffins freeze well and are handy for an on-the-go breakfast or lunch.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, mustard, milk, oil and egg just until blended. Stir in the ham and onions.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Ham Muffinwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p46
Reviews for Ham Muffinwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"Easy breakfast food for my family on the go. Next time, I will add the cheese right to the batter."