"I made some changes to the original recipe by adding extra tomatoes, more color, celery for crunch, relish for a hint of sweetness and ham to make it more filling," explains Karen Ballance of Wolf Lake, Illinois. "It's great for picnics and potlucks or as a side dish for any meal," she adds. "It's also handy because you make it ahead of time."
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham Macaroni Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p42
Reviews for Ham Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review