Ham Mac and Cheese Recipe
“I've been using this recipe for years-everyone loves it and it's perfect with a side salad. It also makes a wonderful potluck dish.” Susan Taul - Birmingham, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, ham, cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, pimientos if desired, salt and mustard. Pour into a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without pimientos) equals 534 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,472 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC