- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, ham, cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, pimientos if desired, salt and mustard. Pour into a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham Mac and Cheese
"This was great. Didn't put onions or Pimentos in it just because I didn't have any. My husband loved it he had it for lunch and again for supper. We will have this again."
"This is very good. Will make this again."
"This is a good recipe and I plan to make it again. I think other cooked meats, such as chicken or turkey could be substituted for the ham."