“I've been using this recipe for years-everyone loves it and it's perfect with a side salad. It also makes a wonderful potluck dish.” Susan Taul - Birmingham, Alabama
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, ham, cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, pimientos if desired, salt and mustard. Pour into a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Mac and Cheese in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p59
Reviews for Ham Mac and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2015
"This was great. Didn't put onions or Pimentos in it just because I didn't have any. My husband loved it he had it for lunch and again for supper. We will have this again."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
"This is very good. Will make this again."