Ham Mac and Cheese Recipe
“I've been using this recipe for years-everyone loves it and it's perfect with a side salad. It also makes a wonderful potluck dish.” Susan Taul - Birmingham, Alabama
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, ham, cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, pimientos if desired, salt and mustard. Pour into a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham Mac and Cheese in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p59
Reviews for Ham Mac and Cheese(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
This is very good. Will make this again.
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2009
This is a good recipe and I plan to make it again. I think other cooked meats, such as chicken or turkey could be substituted for the ham.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >