Ham Loaf with Pineapple Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Arrange three pineapple slices in pan (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use). Pat meat mixture into pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 381 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1387mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Ham Loaf with Pineapple
"not a fan of this recipe. I had never tried ham loaf before but after making this recipe it reminded me of SPAM. Will not be making again!"