Ham Loaf with Pineapple Recipe
This loaf is nice enough for the holidays, but we have it often for everyday meals, too, since it's so easy to prepare and easy on the pocketbook.—Linda Manley, Morgantown, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Arrange three pineapple slices in pan (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use). Pat meat mixture into pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 381 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 1,387 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC