This loaf is nice enough for the holidays, but we have it often for everyday meals, too, since it's so easy to prepare and easy on the pocketbook.—Linda Manley, Morgantown, West Virginia
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Arrange three pineapple slices in pan (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use). Pat meat mixture into pan.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Ham Loaf in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p12
Reviews for Ham Loaf with Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
"not a fan of this recipe. I had never tried ham loaf before but after making this recipe it reminded me of SPAM. Will not be making again!"