Ham Loaf Pie Recipe
We've lived on our farm for nearly 50 years, so I've had lots of experience cooking for my family and hired hands. Everyone looks forward to this meal after working out in the field.
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs. Blend in milk, onion, green pepper, mustard and horseradish; stir in ham. Carefully spoon and spread into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 408 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC