- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs. Blend in milk, onion, green pepper, mustard and horseradish; stir in ham. Carefully spoon and spread into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Loaf Pie in Country Pork 1996, p73
Reviews for Ham Loaf Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review