Ham Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Add ham and pork; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Spoon over loaf. Bake 40 minutes longer or until the thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham Loaf(2)
Sort By :
I make this for my family whenever I have leftover Baked ham. My family cannot get enough of this ham loaf!
There was way too much milk in this recipe, it was very soupy after adding everything. I added an extra egg, an probably an extra cup of dry breadcrumbs. The vinegar, brown sugar topping was very watery.....I threw it out and combined brown sugar, dry mustard and dark brown mustard, which made a paste, rather than a watery mixture. I also divided the ham/pork mixture and made 2 meat loaves.