- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked lean ham (2 cups)
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and brown sugar. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add ham and sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, sausage, sweet potatoes, green peppers, onion, tomatoes and pineapple.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160° and vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham Kabobs in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ham Kabobs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
easy - everyone built their own kabob and grilled to their liking
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >