- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the ham, peas, onions, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; toss to combine. Serve with remaining cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham It Up Primavera
Sort By :
"Love It. Can also be used as a great side dish, without the ham."
"Great way to use leftover ham. I cut the recipe in half. Delicious."
"I have made this multiple times and get raves every time. Kids eat up the vegetables with no second thought."
"This meal was fantastic! Great taste! My husband loved it and my 4 yr old cleaned his plate!! Definitely agree with the others in that a lot of the prep can be done in advance. Will make this again very soon!"
"This recipe is simple and delicious! Even my kids ate most of the veggies, which is saying alot! I shared it with family, and friends and they all loved it, too. Delicious!"