Ham in Cider Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (1 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1. Insert cloves into edges of ham steaks; rub steaks with brown sugar. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in apple cider and raisins. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham steaks. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard cloves before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounces ham with 1/3 cup sauce equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,499 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer