Ham Griddle Cakes
Looking for a different way to use up leftover ham? Try these golden pancakes from Virginia Cullen. "I've served them to company, and I'm always asked for the recipe," notes Sarasota, Florida subscriber.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- Pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl,
- beat the eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in ham.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden
- brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 265 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 654 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.