Ham Fried Rice Recipe
My husband and I lived in Japan for a few years and came to love that country's ethnic dishes. This dish captures the Asian flavor better than any other recipes I've tried.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour eggs into skillet. Add eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs to a plate; set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add rice and ham; heat through. Stir in peas and corn; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; gently fold into rice mixture. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 449 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 1,316 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Ham Fried Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC