Ham Fried Rice
This is a recipe that even my children love. When I make it for the whole family, I triple the ingredients and let the kids use chopsticks. It gets a little messy, but it's fun.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup cold cooked rice
- 2/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- Dash chili powder, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a small skillet, cook and stir eggs in oil over medium heat until
- eggs are completely set. Remove and set aside. In same skillet, cook
- the rice, ham, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and chili powder if
- desired until heated through. Stir in soy sauce and reserved eggs.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with egg substitute and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.