Ham Floret Strata
"This fluffy egg bake is a snap to prepare the night before using frozen vegetables," notes Elizabeth Montgomery of Allston, Massachusetts. "In the morning, the aroma is wonderful while it bakes."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with ham and bread. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard,
- garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.