Ham Floret Strata Recipe
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the broccoli and cauliflower in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and bread. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.