Ham Fettuccine Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, mushrooms if desired, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 2. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 484 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,150 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.