- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, mushrooms if desired, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham Fettuccine
Sort By :
"Very tasty, albeit an odd combination. I think we must have used too much ham, as there was not enough room in the pan for the mushrooms. It was very good, however."
"This really easy and very tasty. I added some capers to this and it came out very good."
"good but not great"
"Love this recipe! Didn't think the combination of cream and spaghetti sauce would be good, but it is excellent! One of the few recipes everyone in my family will eat - even my picky eaters."