Ham Fettuccine Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bread crumbs and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Stir in the ham, fettuccine and peas.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 483 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.