“Once you make this easy-to-fix recipe, you’ll crave it all the time.” The standout meal won rave reviews with our tasting panel—be sure to give it a try! Patricia Moore of Toledo, Ohio shares the recipe.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, mushrooms if desired, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Fettuccine in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p30
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review