Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted red cherries, undrained
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and ground mustard. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into eight equal portions; pat lightly into 2-3/4-in. muffin cups. Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard; sprinkle over cups. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. For sauce, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Add cherries; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. If desired, stir in 4-5 drops food coloring. Serve over ham cups. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 476 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce
"This was very good. The only change it made was that I used 1 cup of dry bread crumbs and added a little milk to moisten it. The sauce was delicious but a little too sweet for me. I think I may cut the sugar down to 1/4 c. Next time."
"The only difference I made was for the soft bread crumbs I used Health Nut Bread. They were very good."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer