THIS RECIPE is my family's traditional Easter entree. The individual cups are pretty on the plate, especially when topped with the bright cherry sauce. Since we raise pigs, we have a good pork supply. -Ellen Martin, Oxford, New Jersey
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted red cherries, undrained
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and ground mustard. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into eight equal portions; pat lightly into 2-3/4-in. muffin cups. Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard; sprinkle over cups. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
- For sauce, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Add cherries; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. If desired, stir in 4-5 drops food coloring. Serve over ham cups. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce in Reminisce March/April 1997, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review