THIS RECIPE is my family's traditional Easter entree. The individual cups are pretty on the plate, especially when topped with the bright cherry sauce. Since we raise pigs, we have a good pork supply. -Ellen Martin, Oxford, New Jersey
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted red cherries, undrained
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and ground mustard. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into eight equal portions; pat lightly into 2-3/4-in. muffin cups. Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard; sprinkle over cups. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
- For sauce, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Add cherries; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. If desired, stir in 4-5 drops food coloring. Serve over ham cups. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce in Reminisce March/April 1997, p49
Reviews for Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2014
"This was very good. The only change it made was that I used 1 cup of dry bread crumbs and added a little milk to moisten it. The sauce was delicious but a little too sweet for me. I think I may cut the sugar down to 1/4 c. Next time."