Ham Coleslaw Recipe
Ham is an usual addition to this swift side dish even quicker, the Flagler, Colorado cook uses pimientos instead to chopping sweet red pepper.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a bowl, toss the cabbage, ham and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and paprika; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC