Ham is an usual addition to this swift side dish even quicker, the Flagler, Colorado cook uses pimientos instead to chopping sweet red pepper.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, toss the cabbage, ham and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and paprika; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Ham Coleslaw in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p11
Reviews for Ham Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2012
"I was looking for a recipe with leftover ham. I came across this recipe and it was great! I just added red cabbage and carrots. I'm taking a big tray to a picnic soon."