Ham Chicken Casserole Recipe
I am retired and always looking for fast-to-fix foods to serve when my children or grandchildren stop by. Leftover chicken, ham and a wild rice mix make this comforting dish quick to assemble. If you have extra turkey, you can use it instead of the chicken. —Lovetta Breshears Nixa, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and ham.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, Colby cheese and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 428 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,333 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC