- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in the rice, ham, green pepper, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, onion and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Casserole
"I'm very open these unique recipes and flavors together but it just didn't do it for me. I didn't hate it but just didn't love it. It needed something..just don't know what. Thanks Gail for submitting it though!"
"My husband enjoys casseroles, tried this one tonight and it will now be added to the recipe box to have again!!"
"This is a great but not your typical casserole. I needed a recipe to use our leftover Christmas ham. Everyone loved it. I believe the next time I prepare this, I will add a little more mayonnaise and cheese. I like my casseroles a little more creamy - just a personal preference. Thank you for the recipe. Delicious"
"I found this casserole to be unexpectedly delicious. I used crushed pineapple and whatever cheese I could find in the bin."
"I thought this was really good. The swiss cheese and mustard give it an interesting flavor"