- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in the rice, ham, green pepper, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, onion and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham Casserole
Sort By :
"This is a great but not your typical casserole. I needed a recipe to use our leftover Christmas ham. Everyone loved it. I believe the next time I prepare this, I will add a little more mayonnaise and cheese. I like my casseroles a little more creamy - just a personal preference. Thank you for the recipe. Delicious"
"I found this casserole to be unexpectedly delicious. I used crushed pineapple and whatever cheese I could find in the bin."
"I thought this was really good. The swiss cheese and mustard give it an interesting flavor"
"I loved this! It was delicious and different and a perfect way to use up leftover ham. It was a favorite for us and I will definitely make it again!"
"Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!! This was so good! Next time I will try with crushed pineapple, as some in my family didn't care for the chunks! Lots of flavor and no cream of whatever soups!"