Ham Casserole Recipe
In Alpharetta, Georgia, subscriber Gail Earman turns to this recipe when she wants to use leftover ham. The slightly sweet combination of ham, pineapple tidbits, rice and Swiss cheese is popular at her house. "We even featured this recipe in our family cookbook," she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in the rice, ham, green pepper, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, onion and pineapple.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 473 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,172 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC