Ham Caesar Salad Recipe
- 3 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 2 medium nectarines, chopped
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the salad mix, nectarines, ham, cilantro, croutons and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups with 2 tablespons dressing equals 326 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.