Ham Caesar Salad Recipe
- 3 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 2 medium nectarines, chopped
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the salad mix, nectarines, ham, cilantro, croutons and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup with 2 tablespoons dressing: 326 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1108mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ham Caesar Salad
"Great flavor combination! Perfect for a hot summer evening. I was short on time so I used my favorite bottled Caesar dressing and I may never be able to make a "plain" caesar again. The cilantro really livened this up and it's so nice to have an entree salad with plenty of protein that's not at all heavy. This is on the regular rotation now... (or for as long as we can get ripe nectarines) = )"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.