Ham Buns Recipe
These tasty sandwiches are a great way to use leftover ham. Friends with whom I've shared the recipe tell me that ham buns disappear fast at potlucks or parties. Use mini-buns and make ahead for an easy meal or snack. —Esther Shank Harrisonburg, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split or 16 to 20 mini buns
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended. Add ham and cheese; mix well.
- 2. Divide evenly among buns. Place in a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 main dish <I>or</I> 16-20 appetizer servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 300 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC