These tasty sandwiches are a great way to use leftover ham. Friends with whom I've shared the recipe tell me that ham buns disappear fast at potlucks or parties. Use mini-buns and make ahead for an easy meal or snack. —Esther Shank Harrisonburg, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split or 16 to 20 mini buns
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended. Add ham and cheese; mix well.
- Divide evenly among buns. Place in a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 main dish <I>or</I> 16-20 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Ham Buns in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p31
Reviews for Ham Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review