Ham Bundles Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 to 4-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham, coarsely ground
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add ham and mix well; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle into eight squares. Place a tablespoonful of ham mixture in the center of each square. Add bacon, olives and/or cheese if desired. Fold up corners to center of dough; seal edges.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown and filling is heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Ham Bundles(3)
Sort By :
When I make these I make the bundles spherical, like filled rolls, and not 4-cornered packets like in the photo. They are delicious; they were a hit at my church potluck dinner tonight! I've made them 3 or 4 times now.
I really liked this recipe. The one thing I changed was instead of making homemade bread, I used frozen bread loafs, let them thaw, roll, cut, stuffed, than rise.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >